I tried cooking buttered shrimp using Brown Pinay’s recipe and I loved it! For a lazy one like me, this recipe is kinda tedious to prepare. But after cooking it and having a hearty meal, it was really worth it. However, I didn’t get my flour-to-ratio right, just better luck to me next time. But definitely, this will be added to my favorite menu list. So here goes the recipe, enjoy and bon appetit!
- 1 kilo of shrimps
- 1 whole slab of butter
- 2 cups of 7UP/Sprite or Miranda (I tried both I prefer the Miranda for a more sweet taste)
- 8 cloves of garlic
- Cornstarch dissolve in little water (depends on how you like the consistency of the sauce)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate the shrimp for 3 to 5 minutes (just enough for the soda to be absorbed by the shrimp.
- In a wok, boil the shrimp, salt to taste and the soda together for 8 to 10 minutes. Just make sure not to overcook it since it will be hard to peel.
- Remove the shrimp from the broth and set aside the shrimp/soda broth.
- In a separate pan, sauté the minced garlic in butter. At this time the aroma is really hard to resist yum yum…..
- Separate a portion of your cooked butter for toppings.
- Add the remains of the shrimp/soda broth (don’t put all, just the amount proportional to your shrimp).
- Add the Cornstarch dissolve in little water, once you had already reached the desired consistency, pour over your cooked shrimp.